This week, I finished “grid editing” feature and restructured code in makegrid.js file. These changes were already merged into the official master branch and can be tested in the demo page of phpMyAdmin.
Things done this week:
- Finish grid editing feature
I added grid editing hint when hovering “Edit” link in table’s rows, alert when user edit some field in non-unique table (i.e., table with no primary key), fix some bugs.
- Remove inline edit feature
- Restructure code in makegrid.js
- Add configuration for maximum number of records stored in pma_table_uiprefs
I added code in Table.class.php to check the number of records and delete older records in pma_table_uiprefs when saving/updating a record in the table.
Things to do next week:
- More bug fixing, documentation and code cleaning
- Improve grid editing: add more specific editor for certain data type (e.g., datetimepicker for DATETIME data type)
With the end of 12th week of GSoC 2011, I and other GSoC-ers are approaching the end of official coding time. For me, all the planned things are done, except for one thing: edit only selected field (see Project Detail section in my proposal). I think this feature won’t be needed anymore, since we can combine “show/hide column” and “grid editing” feature to achieve this. Hopefully there is nothing else missing from my project in the context of GSoC 2011.
Although the GSoC 2011 will end soon and I have already graduated from my college (which for me means: time to go to work), it doesn’t mean that I will stop my contribution for phpMyAdmin. I will still hang around in the mailing list and put my contributions for phpMyAdmin.